A Gift from God”, says Geovona also known as the “GlamGypsie”
Geovona says further: A “Gift from God”, is the meaning that my name bears and the moment that I found my purpose in life; I have been dedicated to using my gifts to positively impact all that I encounter. At a young age, I saw indescribable beauty in people and things that others may have titled as average. I strive daily to support others and help empower them to never give up on their dreams. I believe impossible is just a word; therefore, I have accomplished things many told me were impossible. My role as a mother is my greatest achievement, my daughters Jowanda Smith-Forbes (25) of Memphis, Tennessee, and JoNiyah Smith (17) of Jackson, Ms are my jewels and they too contribute to my tenacity.
The life of an entrepreneur is filled with many ups and downs but it’s my dedication that keeps me focused on my end goals. I am thankful for my gifts because they have allotted the following: Cosmetology instructor, event planner, fashion designer, interior designer, makeup artist, caterer, wine/beer concierge, mentor, thrift specialist, jewelry artist, and natural body oils creator. I am affectionately known as, Glam Gypsie, due to the amount of gifts that I am blessed with and that I believe that anything can be“glammed”. Each day that we are afforded life is a gift and it is important that we appreciate it through our efforts. I love bringing people together and creating unbreakable bonds that will help us eradicate the ills that exist in our society. Hope should never be suffocated; but ignited, so that our children and their children will have secured futures.
A few highlights of my career are as follows:
- 2012- Hosted the “GO- DIVA” Under the Stars Fashion Show at the Center Court of Highland Village Shopping Plaza, in Honor of my mother Ms. Minnie Tennessee, 30 year breast cancer survivor and 4 other local survivors and the proceeds of $1,000 was donated to the American Cancer Society
- 2016 -Owner of GlamGypsie Affairs LLC & an online boutique www.glamarazziboutique.bigcartel.com
- 2016- Hosted and Co-hosted several upscale rooftop events, such as Rooftop Summer Series, Sweetlife of Jackson, and Sing to the City
- 2017-Served as Creative Director of House of Panache Teen Lifestyle School, offering teens creative workshops to help encourage them to embrace their talents and soar.
- 2017- Created Mississippi Vendor Promotion of Jackson, which is a platform to elevate women in businesses, who don’t own storefronts.
- 2017- Created Thrift Tours, where ladies will travel monthly as a girls day out to thrift shop, play games on the Edmond Tours bus to win luxurious prizes, and enjoy a scrumptious lunch and a signature cocktail while cruising the chosen city.
It is my sincerest hope that Glam Gypsie will be entrusted to plan your events, educate the community on how to be fashionable on a budget, accentuate your beauty through makeup and fashion, design your homes or businesses, serve as your concierge at the next event, or listen to your ideas and help you to fulfill them. I am a “Gift from God”, who is thankful and unapologetically ME.
Check out the Labor Day Issue of Jackson Expose’ Featuring Kakeyla Sheriff-Manning!
Sponsor a One Page or Two Page Spread in this amazing Labor Day Issue!
Simply fill-out the contact form if you are interested.
Go to homebuyingvirgins.com for your Real Estate Needs!